Animal tissues Fluid connective tissue 1
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Activity No # 1 - Observation of human blood
Materials/ Resources needed
Compound microscope,a drop of human blood,workbook,pencil etc.
Prerequisites/Instructions, if any
Observe the slide carefully and identify and note down the different types of cells present.
Website interactives/ links/ simulations
Process (How to do the activity)
- Prick the finger tip with a needle and take a drop of blood.
- Place the drop of blood on a slide and spread it carefully.
- Mount the slide on the microscope.
- Focus it on high power lens.
- Ask the students to observe the slide one by one and identify and note down the different types of cells present.
Developmental Questions (What discussion questions)
- How many types of cells do you observe?
- What is the shape of the cells you observed?
Evaluation (Questions for assessment of the child)
- Name the the 3 types of cells you observed?
- What are the structures of the 3 types of cells you observed?
- Name one function each of these cells?
To link back to the topic page Give the link of the page name from where activity was given Back