Activities- Quadratic equations problems
Ex.no.9.11 /problem no.9
The altitude of a triangle is 6cm greter than its base. If its area is 108cmsq .Find its base.
Statement: Solving problem based on quadratic equations.
- Interpretation of the problem:
* Converting data in to eqn.
*Knowledge about area of a triangle.
*knowledge of the formula of area of triangle.
*Methods of finding the roots of the eqn.
*Methods of finding the roots of the
- Different approches to solve the problem:
- Using formula
- using graph
- Concept used:Forming the eqn. 216=x(x+6)
x2 +6x -216=0
Substitution: x 2 +18x-12x -216=0
Prior Knowledge -
- Methods of solving the Eqn
- Using Formula
- Using Graph