Progressions Introduction to progression activity1
From Karnataka Open Educational Resources
Activity - Puzzle 1
- Estimated Time :20 min
- Materials/ Resources needed : artificial rupees
- Prerequisites/Instructions :Student know the money transaction in day to day life.
Process (How to do the activity)
- Tell the student a situation imagine that Suppose you had taken a loan of Rs.10, 000 from a friend and you agree to pay few Rupees every day.
- Tell the students what are the option do you have please list all.
- student listed the possiblity.
Developmental Questions (What discussion questions)
- You repay the loan at the rate of Rupee a day. Do you think your friend will agree for this? He may not agree.
- You agree to pay the amount equal to the day of payment (1st day 1Rs, 2nd day 2Rs, 3rd day 3Rs. 4th day 4Rs..). Will you agree to pay for indefinite number of days?
- First day you pay 1Rs and subsequently you pay twice the amount of previous day(1st day 1Rs, 2nd day 2Rs, 3rd day 4Rs, 4th day 8Rs..) Will you agree to pay for indefinite number of days?
Evaluation (Questions for assessment of the child)
- In the case of last 2 options don’t you need to know the number of days of repayments?
- Similarly ask to write the dates of Sundays in January 2015?
- Tenth term of the sets 2,4,6,8,10,12…?
==Activity Keywords== perticular pattern
To link back to the concept page Progressions