Teachers Community of Learning Bangalore South Block 3 HMs Workshop 1 2018 19
Vijaya Teachers College (VTC) and IT for Change (ITfC) are collaborating to offer a program to strengthen government aided schools through the Teachers' Community of Learning program, whose objectives are:
- Introducing teachers to the use of ICT applications for their professional development
- Supporting teachers to teach using ICT to improve student learning outcomes and for school development
- Creating professional learning communities (PLCs) amongst teachers, by subject, across Bengaluru South 3 schools, to improve collaboration amongst schools and support teacher development and strengthen student learning.
The activities of the program would include the following:
- Block level learning programs for all aided schools including subject based workshops, supported through mobile phone based groups and resource websites
- Supporting teachers through block level programs to create digital learning materials for classroom teaching
- School level interventions in interested schools to demonstrate new tools and resources in classroom teaching, conduct digital literacy classes, set up and maintain ICT labs and support IT use in school administration and communication.
- Support ICT labs through donation of working computers from CSR entities.
Objectives of the workshop
- Introduce TCOL program to the school HMs, discuss the program to identify common areas of concern and action items for block and school level academic work
- Create a professional learning communities (PLCs) amongst HMs on School leadership and development, to provide an autonomous space for collaboration and learning.
- Initiate block level program and school level program in Mathematics, Kannada / English and digital literacy for 2018-19 and discuss to evolve a shared understanding
Agenda for the workshop
|Sl. No.||Particulars||Timings||Detailed Session Plan|
|1||Registration||9.30 – 10.00||Filling in participant form in ODK, collecting folder, configuring Moodle on HM's phones|
|2||Context setting||10.00 – 11.30||Inauguration address and welcome.
Challenges of aided schools - SSLC results and enrolments.
Objectives of the program and the workshop Context setting - Read and discuss Animal Story. What are the 3 most important challenges my school faces? Participant writing and sharing.
|TEA BREAK||11.30 - 11.45||1. Introduction to Ubuntu
2. Introduction to Firefox 3. Creating a personal digital library 4. A compilation of useful web resources categorized by intended use
|3||Expectations and ideas||11.45 - 12.30||What role can ICT play?
Plans for my school - ideation Work done by ITfC.
|4||Mobile apps||12.30 - 1.00||Install Basic mobile apps like Telegram and Moodle
Install some generic apps - news, BMTC etc Create telegram group
|Lunch Break||1.00 - 2.00|
|5||Program design and possibilities||2.00 - 4.00||Overall program design and possibilities
Introduction to Maths, Kannada/Language, School Leadership and Digital Literacy components Discuss and schedule block level workshop Discuss and plan Block workshop plan and agenda Discuss and plan school level program with interested schools
|TEA BREAK||Included in above session|
|6||Open house on next steps||4.00 - 4.30||Discuss and plan for next HM workshop dates,share proposed block level workshops
Fill the form about need school level program in the school