BHS School Development program 2019
Vijaya Teachers College (VTC) and IT for Change (ITfC) are collaborating in a program to strengthen BHS High school through the Teachers' Community of Learning program, (TCOL) whose objectives are:
- Introducing teachers to the use of ICT applications for their professional development
- Supporting teachers to teach using ICT to improve student learning outcomes and for school development
- Creating professional learning communities (PLCs) amongst teachers, by subject, across Bengaluru South 3 schools, to improve collaboration amongst schools and support teacher development and strengthen student learning.
A three day workshop for Class 9 students on Mathematics is organized as a part of this program.
Objectives of the workshop
- Support building of foundational skills and conceptual understanding in students
- Develop interest in Mathematics by supporting 'mathematisation of thinking'
- Strengthen teacher capacities by demonstrations and modelling
- Create resources that can be used by other schools / teachers
Agenda for the workshop