CELT RIESI Language Workshop
The RIESI CELT Audio materials development workshop on 27 July 2019.
Objectives of the workshop
- To explore new digital tools and applications for language learning
- Explore Audacity FOSS tool to create effective language resources
- Record and edit audio in Audacity to see how audio can be used in a language lesson.
- Introduce the philosophy of creation along with using existing audio resources.
- Make your audio resource more effective by using multiple audio files (background music)
|10.30 -11.0||Record audio using different devices||Demo||Using different applications for audio recording
Understanding the technical specifications for audio – headphones, microphone, etc
|Check list of recording a good quality audio
Audacity interface Go through the audio recording process – record pause, play, stop and save as project file, export Mobile apps are like sound recorder, audio recorder, recorder Record and save audio files.
|11.15-12.45||Creating audio resources for the lessons in the text||Hands-on||1. Understanding the power of audio in a classroom
2. Appreciating the incremental benefit that the digital audio resource brings to a classroom – possibilities of introducing contextual sounds
|1. Participants have to select (on selected story line and poem etc)|
2. Use lab computers or their personal laptop or mobile phones to record.
|12.45-1.00||Hands-on||Import audio into systems (who are recorded in mobile)
And import to audcaity (all) - 30 min
|2-4.00||Adding audio elements to your recording||l||1. Effectiveness of adding audio effects
2. Understanding when to use audio effects and how
|1. Use edit tools to refine your audio by removing unwanted part|
2. To understand what is track and its uses
|4.0-5.00||Use different audio effects for make audio more interest||Using an audio editing tool to enhance an audio resource
Understanding of using different audio effects to make more effective of the story
|1. Use amplify to adjust the output volume of your audio files|
2. Fade in/out to adjust the audio -voice modulation
- Explore audacity (Free and Open sources audio editor tool)
- Teachers' toolkit for creating and re-purposing OER using FOSS/Audio and Video OER
- Karadi tale - Blue Jackal by Naseeruddin Shah
- Audio resources created from IT for Change
- Stephen Krashen's Theory of Second Language Acquisition
- Online OER audio repositories
Fill this feedback form