Cascade District Workshops for science 2015-16
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The printable version is no longer supported and may have rendering errors. Please update your browser bookmarks and please use the default browser print function instead.
District Cascade Science STF Workshops 2015-16
- District targets (Number of teachers and number of batches for Science) and DIET Nodal officers information
- For District wise MRPs contact information, click Bengaluru division, Mysuru division, Kalburgi division, Belgavi division
Focus areas for the Science District Cascade Workshops
The focus of this year's Science STF District workshops will be to:
- Build computer literacy skills for teachers
- Activate and strengthen the Science Lab in the schools through actual hands-on experimenting and viewing video resources of actual experiments conducted by teachers
- Access the Karnataka Open Educational Resources and Contribute.
DIET Nodal Officer responsibilities
- DIET Nodal Officer to enter Batch information on Day 1 of workshop. This information can be viewed on this link
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for support during training. Or call Ashok Pujari Sir (Cell 9972562108) or Sunil (080 26654134) if urgent
- The DIET Nodal Officer and RP should read the DSERT guidelines and ensure ICT Lab is in full working condition
- Since STF-KOER requires Internet, ensure Internet availability, with minimum 8 Mbps connection
- Enough computers to allow 1:1 computer:teacher ratio.
- The training labs should have the NEW Ubuntu version 14.04 installed on them see installation process here. This has software for Kannada and Hindi interface.
- To allow for adequate practice, the batch size should be kept to 20-25 based on number of working computers.
Resource person checklist
During the workshop, the resource persons must transact the agenda with any changes as needed. The following activities must be completed:
- Practising sending and receiving emails
- Creation of gmail IDs for all teachers without email ids.
- Addition of email address to the maths science forum click here. You can click here, to visit the googlegroups page to add members.
- They need to see it on the website of the groups Science STF group.
- Viewing videos of science experiments
- Conducting science experiments and review processes
- Sharing web links and other digital resources to the forum
- Familiarization with the KOER resource website and identifying resources to be added
- Submission of one activity to KOER through Contribute button
- Updating district training details on the district pages Pages Table. This includes
- Day wise workshop report
- Uploading workshop photographs on Google photos
- On Day 5, Participant Feedback Form is to be filled by participants
- On Day 5, ICT Feedback Form is to be filled by participants
District Training Hand-outs
- Detailed Agenda - Googledoc link
- Subject Teacher Forum
- Libre-Office typing
- NCERT Science Text Books
- Resource library handout
- KOER Useful Websites
- Creating Gmail id and sending emails
- Learning Mind mapping
- How to use Freemind
- Uploading on Picasa
- KOER - Introduction
- Science KOER Pages
- For Question papers and CCE activities please click here
- For Science lab experiments videos click here
- Participant feedback form MUST be filled by ALL participants on Day5. This is a compulsory activity
- Please click here to enter your ICT use and ownership
- View Participant feedback
Activities AFTER the workshop
Please check your Science Subject Mailing Forum mails daily Please visit KOER regularly and also Contribute
District workshop reports and photos
Click on district in table below to see the Subject Teacher / Head Teacher Forum district workshops reports and photos,
|Bangalore Division||Bengaluru North||Bengaluru South||Bengaluru Rural||Chikkballapura||Chitradurga||Davanagere||Ramanagara||Shivamogga||Tumakuru|
|Belgaum Division||Belagavi||Vijayapura||Dharwad||Gadag||Uttara Kannada|
|Mysore Division||Chamarajanagar||Chikkamangaluru||Dakshina Kannada||Hassan||Kodagu||Mandya||Mysuru||Udupi|