Congruence of regular geometric shapes
This activity involves in identifying the congruent shapes among the shapes of different geometric shapes.
To understand congruence in different geometric elements and shapes
Prerequisites/Instructions, prior preparations, if any
Prior knowledge of point, lines, angles, parallel lines
Materials/ Resources needed
- Digital : Computer, geogebra application, projector.
- Non digital : Worksheet and pencil.
- Geogebra files : “Congruence Introduction different shapes.ggb”
Download this geogebra file from this link.
Process (How to do the activity)
- For each set of shapes the following can be discussed
- What are these shapes?
- Which among them are exactly same?
- How can you say that they are congruent?
- Students should understand when two shapes coincide then they are congruent
- Students should be able to identify for each of the shapes which parameter determines congruence