Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Philosophy of Mathematics|
While creating a resource page, please click here for a resource creation checklist.
Activity#1 Cyclic quadrilateral
- Estimated Time 10 minutes
- Materials/ Resources needed: Laptop, geogebra file, projector and a pointer.
- Prerequisites/Instructions, if any
- Circle and quadrilaterals should have been introduced.
- Multimedia resources : Laptop
- Website interactives/ links/ / Geogebra Applets
- The teacher can recall the concept of a circle, quadrilateral, circumcircle.
- Can explain a cyclic quadrilateral and show the geogebra applet.
- Move points, the vertices of the quadrilateral and let the students observe the sum of opposite interior angles.
- What two figures do you see in the figure ?
- Name the vertices of the quadrilateral.
- Where are all the 4 vertices situated ?
- Name the opposite interior angles of the quadrilateral.
- What do you observe about them.
- Compare the cyclic quadrilateral to circumcircle.
- Question Corner
- Can all quadrilaterals be cyclic ?
- What are the necessary conditions for a quadrilateral to be cyclic ?