ELT Conference 2021
RIESI & IT FOR CHANGE present a two-day online International Conference on
English Language Teaching during Pandemic Times: Grappling with the New-Normal (click here for the Conference website)
Guidelines for the National Conference - Grappling with the New Normal: English-Language Teaching during Pandemic Times
Guidelines for Delegates
- The agenda of the conference, with the timings/duration for each session, is available on the conference website https://riesi21.wixsite.com/conference and on the IT for Change site https://itforchange.net/english-language-teaching-pandemic-times-conference-ITfC-RIESI . Please go through the same carefully
- Select the sessions you want to attend. Note the BigBlueButton (BBB) room for each session. This is shared with you and available at the bottom of this note. The BBB link is only for delegates and speakers. People who have not registered for the conference can view the proceedings through the YouTube live-streaming links available on the sites indicated in point 1.
- Ensure you are familiar with BBB before the program begins on 25 June. See the BBB help page https://teacher-network.in/OER/index.php/Learn_BigBlueButton and the schedule of parallel sessions.
- Click on the BBB link and join the session at least 5 minutes before the start of the session.
- Keep your mike on mute and unmute only if you are being permitted by the Moderator of the session to speak. You can alert moderator you want to speak or have a question by typing in the public chat
- In case you do not plan to speak in the session, you can also join in the ‘Listen only’ mode
- Do not put your video on, unless asked by the Moderator
- If you face any technical difficulties then please send a message in the Telegram group asking for help. Wherever possible, provide a screenshot of your device to help us in resolving the issue
- Any questions or doubts can also be shared in the Telegram group and one of the organizers will reply. Since the schedule is hectic, you may not get a prompt reply always
Guidelines for Speakers / paper presenters
Please note the following, in addition to all the guidelines given to the delegates above
- In case you are using a slide presentation and have shared with organizers, this will be uploaded on BBB before your session
- Join your session where you are a speaker 15 minutes before and confirm that your file is already uploaded. (In the rare chance that it is not, then you can share the file through telegram to the session support member, to upload)
- The slide will be moved by the session support member on your suggestion. If you would like to move the slides yourself, please let the session support member know before the session starts.
- In case of joint presentations, both people can speak and one could advance the slides
- In case you want to show a video then please share the YouTube link of the video with the session support member
- When you are not speaking, keep your mike on mute. This is very important to avoid sound/audio issues in the conference.
- Please ensure that you finish your presentation within the time allotted (10 minutes usually). The discussion session of the papers will be after 5-6 paper presenters so that individual question answer session does not prolong and affect the presentation of others.
- You can switch on your video while making the presentation if you wish to.
- The name of the session support member is available at the bottom of this note
Guidelines for Chairpersons / Moderators
Please note the following, in addition to all the guidelines given to the speakers
- The moderator should join the session 10 minutes prior and interact with the session support member.
- Quickly check with a support team member how many are using ppt and how many are presenting their papers orally.
- Confirm all presentation files are uploaded
- Camera / screen share / video play / slides are all working fine
- Recording / live-streaming to be started when session begins
- Rules for the session (duration of presentations, question/answer session etc) should be announced by Moderator to participants at the beginning of the session. Please announce the time allotted to each presenter and inform them that they do not exceed the time.
- Moderator will keep time and alert speaker as required (last 1 / 2 minutes etc) and also request speaker to close presentation based on timings. Or Please inform the timekeeper (session support member) to indicate to the presenters when their time is up.
- Ensure that all the entire paper presenters are present at the BBB room.
- The discussion session of the papers may be done after 5-6 paper presenters so that individual question answer session does not prolong and affect the presentation of others.
- There are possibilities that we might have to add a few more paper presenters or reduce in the list provided, do kindly accommodate.
- Only the Paper presenter may be asked to switch on their video while presenting.
Session support member
- Each session will have an identified session support member. The table below has names. The first person is the session support member and the second person is a back-up if required
- Support team will be the admins of their assigned rooms and will grant presenter/moderator access to Panelists and Charipersons as and when required.
- The first Support team person will upload all the presentations beforehand and start the recording as soon as the session begins.
- Presence of a ‘Live’ user in listen mode during the session indicates that the session is being livestreamed on YouTube. If this user goes offline, then second support team person will let Yogesh know about the status.
- Both the Session support members will help with all support needed for smooth running of the session – ensuring presentation files are uploaded, muting participants unmuted by mistake, helping speakers to show videos (YouTube) etc
- First Session support person will coordinate with Chairperson of the session to keep the time during the session. If it is okay with the Chairperson, the first session support person can unmute and let the speaker know when their time is about to get over. A one minute warning can be given before a minute their time ends and your time is over at the end. We can also make use of default tones in our mobile phones, but coordinate with the session Chairperson and let the speakers know before the session begins about how you will do this.
- Second Session support member will see messages on Telegram to support anyone who is facing difficulties entering the BBB session/room.
- Both Support team members can remove any team participant by clicking on their name if they are causing any problems during the session.
Session wise presenter names
Please see the schedule of parallel sessions for Day1 and Day2 here. This has the names of the presenters in each session.
All plenary sessions (Inauguration, panel discussions, valedictory, interaction session) will be held in the Plenary room - tinyurl.com/riesi-itfc-21-plenary.
The paper presentations will be held in different BBB rooms in parallel, as indicated below for Day 1 and 2.
Day 1 02:30pm – 05:30pm
|Session Name (Room)||Room link||Support team members||YouTube links (for public to view)|
|Government’s Role and Organization/ Institution - (Room 1)||tinyurl.com/govt-role-org-inst-r1||Manjula and Neeta||https://tinyurl.com/govt-role-org-inst-r1-live|
|Teacher’s Innovation and Challenges - (Room 2)||tinyurl.com/teacher-innovation-r2||Raghavendra and Girija||https://tinyurl.com/teacher-innovation-r2-live|
|Teacher’s Innovation and Challenges - (Room 3)||tinyurl.com/teacher-innovation-r3||Anusha and Veda||https://tinyurl.com/teacher-innovation-r3-live|
|Teacher’s Innovation and Challenges (Room 4)||tinyurl.com/teacher-innovation-r4||Marzia and Yogesh||https://tinyurl.com/teacher-innovation-r4-live|
|Digital technologies in education - (Room 5)||tinyurl.com/digital-tech-edu-r5||Harish and Veda||https://tinyurl.com/digital-tech-edu-r5-live|
|Digital technologies in education - (Room 6)||tinyurl.com/digital-tech-edu-r6||Guru and Rakesh/Pruthvi||https://tinyurl.com/digital-tech-edu-r6-live|
|Parental intervention/Interference - Students perspectives (Room 7)||tinyurl.com/parent-student-r7||Rakesh and Pruthvi||https://tinyurl.com/parent-student-r7-live|
|Teacher Training/Education - (Room 8)||tinyurl.com/teacher-training-edu-r8||Yogesh and APD||https://tinyurl.com/teacher-training-edu-r8-live|
|Rethinking Education: the way forward (Room 9)||tinyurl.com/rethinking-edu-r9||Veda and Yogesh||https://tinyurl.com/rethinking-edu-r9-live|
Day 2 01:35pm – 05:00pm
|Session Name (Room)||Room link||Support team members||YouTube links (for public to view)|
|Teacher’s Innovation and Challenges - (Room 2)||tinyurl.com/teacher-innovation-r2||Raghavendra and Neeta||https://tinyurl.com/teacher-innovation-r2-live1|
|Teacher’s Innovation and Challenges - (Room 3)||tinyurl.com/teacher-innovation-r3||Manjula and Girija||https://tinyurl.com/teacher-innovation-r3-live1|
|Teacher’s Innovation and Challenges (Room 4)||tinyurl.com/teacher-innovation-r4||Anusha and Veda||https://tinyurl.com/teacher-innovation-r4-live1|
|Digital technologies in education - (Room 5)||tinyurl.com/digital-tech-edu-r5||Rakesh and Pruthvi||https://tinyurl.com/digital-tech-edu-r5-live1|
|Digital technologies in education - (Room 6)||tinyurl.com/digital-tech-edu-r6||Harish and Veda||https://tinyurl.com/digital-tech-edu-r6-live1|
|Parental intervention/Interference - Students perspectives (Room 7)||tinyurl.com/parent-student-r7||Marzia and Yogesh||https://tinyurl.com/parent-student-r7-live1|
|Teacher Training/Education - (Room 8)||tinyurl.com/teacher-training-edu-r8||APD and Rakesh||https://tinyurl.com/teacher-training-edu-r8-live1|
All other sessions will be held in the ‘Main Hall’ / Plenary room - tinyurl.com/riesi-itfc-21-plenary