Exploring concurrent lines from given surroundings
From Karnataka Open Educational Resources
Interactive activity to introduce concurrent lines using examples from our surroundings.
Introduce concurrent lines with examples from surroundings
Prerequisites/Instructions, prior preparations, if any
The students should know types of lines and the concept of intersection.
Materials/ Resources needed
- Digital : Computer, geogebra application, projector.
- Non digital : Paper and pencil
Process (How to do the activity)
- The teacher can ask the students to explore from their surroundings to identify concurrent lines.
- She can elicit examples from edges of books, walls, pencil boxes, black board etc.
- Developmental Questions:
- What are lines ?
- What are line segments ?
- What are intersecting lines and non-intersecting lines ?
- What are parallel and non-parallel lines ?
- What are concurrent lines ?
- What concurrent lines do you identify from your surroundings?
- Are all types of lines concurrent ?
- Are parallel lines concurrent ?
- Question Corner:
- Differentiate between concurrent lines and collinear points.
- Give examples of concurrent lines from nature.