CELT Program for Middle School and Primary School Teachers
The following are the various steps to be followed before the start of the CELT course.
1. Registration of the participants
The details of the participants (name and e-mail id) are to be shared by RIESI to ITfC and ITfC team will create the IDs.
2. Creation of the Moodle IDs for the participants
Once the participant details are shared, their Moodle IDs will be created. ITfC team will do this and share the details (user id & password) with the RIESI team. These details can then be shared with the participants in the whatsapp groups.
3. Enrolling the participants to the appropriate courses
Once the Moodle IDs are created, the participants need to be enrolled to the appropriate course (High School or Primary). This is to be done by the RIESI team.
4. Creating the BBB link in the CELT courses in Moodle
This will be done by the ITfC team. Participants will click on this link to join the webinar.
5. Installation of Moodle app by the participants who are using Mobile
The instructions and links for installing the Moodle app will be shared in the whatsapp group. The participants can refer to https://teacher-network.in/OER/index.php/Learn_Moodle for help. Participants can join using the browser on their mobile also.
6. Message to the participants to familiarize themselves with the BigBlueButton
A message needs to be sent to the participants on familiarizing themselves with the BigBlueButton webinar platform. The message can include the link to the BBB tutorial video. The sample message is given below.
7. Message to the participants on how to join the webinar
There needs to be a message sent to the participants on how to join the webinar. The sample message is given at the end of this page.
8. An overview session on the BBB & Moodle for the participants
Message to the participants to familiarize with the BBB
Dear CELT Participants,
Welcome to the CELT on-line course.
The course execution will consist of various activities using the following tools/technologies.
1). Daily webinars using BigBlueButton, a free and open source webinar tool
2). Course content sharing and transaction and assessment on the Moodle Learning Management System
3). Whatsapp for quick communication (like this one)
The course will begin on Thursday - 10th September.
Before this first session, we would like you to watch the student tutorial video on BigBlueButton at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYYnryIM0Uw&t=27s. It is just a 5 minute video which can be viewed on desktop/laptop or any smartphone. Please watch the tutorial prior to the first session.
Message to the participants on how to join the webinar
Dear CELT Participants,
Welcome to the CELT on-line course webinar.
To login to the session on using BigBlueButton (BBB), please follow the below steps.
1. login to the CELT course on moodle - https://karnatakaeducation.org.in/lms/course/view.php?id=120 or login to the moodle app on your smartphone or on laptop using https://karnatakaeducation.org.in/lms/.
For the Primary School Teachers’ session, the course will be https://karnatakaeducation.org.in/lms/course/view.php?id=121. So, the message needs to be changed accordingly.
2. In the main page, under the section “General”, you will see a BBB icon and ‘course webinar’ link.
3. Click on this link and it will take you to the next screen where you will see an option to ‘Join session’.
4. Click on ‘Join session’. You are now logged into the BBB session. If there are other people logged in, you will see their names in the left window.
5. All of you have been registered as ‘students’ and hence you will be able to attend and participate in the session.