Introduction to a square and its properties
Understand the quadrilateral, square
Understand properties related to square
Prerequisites/Instructions, prior preparations, if any
The students should have prior knowledge about line segments, angles and bisectors.
Materials/ Resources needed
Digital: Laptop, geogebra file, projector and a pointer.
Geogebra Applets : This geogebra file has been created by ITfC-Edu-Team
Process (How to do the activity)
Download this geogebra file from this link.
- The teacher can use this geogebra file while teaching the properties of a square.
- Can move the vertices of the square to depict the properties.
- Developmental Questions:
- What type of lines is a square made of ?
- What is a right angle ?
- The lines meet at what angles ?
- Compare the two diagnols.
- What is the meaning of diagnols bisecting each other ?
- What is angle bisection ?
- What is the measure of each bisected angle ?
- How many triangles do you see in the figure ?
- What type of triangles are they ?
- Identify the circumcircle and incircle ?
- Can square be considered a rectangle ?
- Is square a parallelogram ?
- What is the difference between a square and a rhombus ?
- Are all squares quadrilaterals ?
- Question Corner:
- List the properties of a square ?
- Can you add some more to the properties list ?