Jump to navigation Jump to search
According to NEP 1986, the following are basic tenets of mathematics teaching at school level.
- The teaching and learning of Mathematics should enable the child to consolidate the mathematical knowledge and skills acquired at Primary stage.
- Assimilated knowledge of mathematics should enable the child to solve the real-life problems by developing abilities to analyze, to articulate, to reason and to see inter-relationship involved, to think and reason.
- To develop the ability to articulate logically.
- To develop necessary & sufficient skills to work with modern technological devices such as calculators, computers etc.
- To develop appreciation for mathematics as a problem – solving tool in various fields, for its beautiful structures and patterns etc.