From Karnataka Open Educational Resources
|Philosophy of Science|
While creating a resource page, please click here for a resource creation checklist
8th std state board text book 9th std state board text book 10th std state board text book 8th std NCERT text book 9th std NCERT text book 10th std NCERT text book
- excellup.com section is on defination and habitats of microorganisms
- biology 4kids section pictures and basic points on microorganisms
- wikipedia section on contribution of Antoni van Leeuwenhoek
- wikipedia section on contribution of louis pasteur
- wikipedia section on contribution of robert koch
microbiology: an introduction by:Tortora
Concept #1characteristics of microorganisms
- differentiate between prokaryotic cell and eukaryotic cell.
- describe general cellular contents of microorganisms.
- describe size and shape of microbes.
Notes for teachers
- biologyexams4u.com gives difference between prokaryotic and eukaryotic cell
- biologyexams4u.com describes structure and function of cell contents
- soinc.org gives complete information on size of microbes and appropriate use of microscope
- Activity 1 - Introduction of microscope
- Activity 2 - Obsevation of pond water
- Activity 3 - Curd experiment