In the previous session, we have started the conversation about food and nutrition. In this session, we are giving them a broader idea about elements which constitute a balanced diet.
- Kishoris are less noisy after crafts teacher started attending sessions based on our request.
- Two of the facilitators wont be available tomorrow. We have 40 mins class time, 60 girls we need to handle with only 2 facilitators. This is quite a challenge because 4 facilitators were ineffective in using small group activities.
- Kishoris dont engage with food related topics much because they are resistant due to their junk eating practices.
- We may have 3 more sessions in this school so we should complete at least one topic.
- Only few Kishoris participate in the conversation because of peer ridicule.
- They might not have done their homework of preparing individual food plan.
- Compared to last session we have to plan this session to be more fun and effective inviting them to participate.
- Classroom is very small and there isn’t enough space in the class room to make Kishoris move around.
To continue our discussion on nutrition and give them simple understanding of balanced diet.
We will greet the Kishoris and recap norms. We will ask them if they have come with their individual food plan. (5 mins)
If some of them have come back with a plan, then we can ask them to read aloud for the class. If they are shy then we collect them and read out for the class.
If they have not written down anything then we will read out from our individual food plan. (10 mins)
Facilitators will tell below are the foods they consume daily.
|Facilitator 1||Uppittu, Dose, Avalakki uppittu, Chitranna||Ragi rotti, chapathi, palya, rice and sambar||Banana, Orange, Guava, Parle G biscuit||Ragi rotti, chapathi, palya, rice and sambar|
|Facilitator 2||Idly, Poori, Chow Chow bath, Rotti||Ragi Mudde, Chapathi, Rice with vegetable sambar, Biryani||Omelet, dry fruits||Ragi Mudde, Chapathi, Rice with vegetable sambar|
After this, we will continue to discuss about food we consume everyday and how it helps our body by using a presentation. (5 mins) Presentation can be accessed here
- REDIRECT []
If some of them are able to talk about their food and where that helps, then we can select volunteers to talk in front of their friends. (10 mins)
1. Presentation on Nutrition
Facilitators Required – 2
1 main facilitator and 1 co-facilitator
• Chart with presentation slides on them.