Properties of Rhombus
- To understand about the quadrilateral rhombus.
- To deduce the properties of rhombus
Pre-requisites/ Instructions, prior preparations
Knowledge about parallel lines, diagonals, quadrilaterals and properties of parallelogram.
Digital : Geogebra application (laptop/computer/ mobile app)
Non-digital : Paper and geometrical tools.
Process (How to do the activity?)
Download this geogebra file from this link.
- The teacher can use the Geogebra file to introduce properties of the quadrilateral- Rhombus.
- The slider can be used to vary the measurement of side and angle of the rhombus.
- Bring student's attention to measurements of sides, angles and diagonals.
- Identify the type of polygon based on the number of sides.
- How are the sides of the quadrilateral related? Identify the parallel lines.
- What are the measurements of the sides? How are they related?
- What are the measurements of interior angles of the quadrilateral? How are they related?
- Identify the diagonals of the quadrilateral.
- What is the angle measurement at the intersection of the diagonals?
- Does the intersection point of the diagonals divide the diagonals equally?
- Does the diagonals bisect the interior angles of the rhombus?
- What common properties can you find with quadrilaterals rhombus and parallelogram?
- What is the difference between quadrilaterals rhombus and square?
Evaluation at the end of the Activity
- Give the properties of the quadrilateral rhombus.
- Observe the triangles formed by the two diagonals of the rhombus. How are they related?
- Can a rhombus have unequal sides?