Telangana Teacher Training Programme for Technology Integration 2015 16
About Telangana Teacher Training Programme
The Telangana State Education department has decided to undertake a teacher training programme for mathematics and science teachers to build a community of teachers for peer learning and sharing resources. Towards this purpose, a group of Master Resource Person are being trained who will be able to conduct training across the districts.
Overview of the programme
Objectives of the programme
- Build a PLC for teachers for peer learning and sharing
- Demonstrate a model of inservice teacher education
- Creation of a Free and Open environment for technology in education
- Demonstrate constructvistic possibilites of teaching learing through the use of ICTs
- Build capabilities in teachers for connecting and creating using ICTs
- Build capabilities for ICT integration in teaching learning
- Integrate with the curricular objectives and priorities of the state
- Develop an independent programme for successful district-wide teacher training
The programme is premised on the idea that teachers need to leverage technology by connecting and creating for self learning and peer learning. Emphasizing a free and open environment and the creation of a resource rich environment through collaborative resource creation, the programme is focused on building teacher capabilities for evaluating technology choices.
Accordingly the curriculum has the following strands:
- Technology for connecting and learning - Technology allows for possibilities for connecting and learning through emails, accessing the Internet and through the creation of personal digital libraries. Teachers will be introduced to online repositories, Open Educational Resources and issues of copy right; they will also learn how to evaluate internet based information.
- Technology for creating resources using various free and open source software applications
- Technology for teaching learning - This will focus on integrating technology into the teaching learning process and will include an analysis of what to teach, how to teach and how to use various tools; this will also include a critical look at how technology can enhance the teaching learning process.
- A free and open source environment - Ubuntu interface and folder structure
- Browsing and downloading resources and creating a personal digital library
- Emailing and collaborating in a virtual forum
- Text editing, mind mapping
- Combining multiple formats to make a resource (text, image)
- Using various educational tools to create resources
- Working with spreadsheets
- Video making and editing
Maths topics allocation to Districts
Resource Folder Format
MindMap for planning the topic allocated
- Are all concepts covered from Class 6 – 10?
- Very well covered/ Adequately covered/ Not adequately covered
- Sub concepts listed
- Are links made between concepts (through graphical links, notes)
- All concepts linked/ Many linked/ Few linked/ Not at all
- Are there links given to Resources?
- Resources for all concepts/ Some Concepts/ No resources
(This is like a unit plan)
- Export Mind Map as Image
- According to concepts listed write out lesson ideas/ activities
- Links to resources (videos, images, animations, geogebra files, mind maps, documents)
- Description of how to do activity
Content should be organized as follows: Heading 1 - Concept Map Concept Map on Light
Heading 1 - Reflection – Lesson 1 Heading 2 Resources Used/ Description
- Video from Physics classroom (write file name of resource created/ downloaded and also insert link to resource folder)
- Simulation from PHET
Heading 2 "How to do"
- As detail as teacher wants to write.
Heading 1 - Reflection – Lesson 2 Heading 2 Resources Used/ Description
Heading 2 "How to do" As detail as teacher wants to write.
- Created Resources
- Created Geogebra files
- Created Spreadsheet files
- Created lesson plans/ activities
- Downloaded Resources
- Downloaded images
- Downloaded videos
- Downloaded animations
- Downloaded webpages
- Downloaded lesson plans