Acceleration due to Gravity activity 1
From Karnataka Open Educational Resources
- 1 Activity No # 1 - Observe a freely falling body
- 1.1 Estimated Time
- 1.2 Materials/ Resources needed
- 1.3 Prerequisites/Instructions, if any
- 1.4 Multimedia resources
- 1.5 Website interactives/ links/ simulations
- 1.6 Process (How to do the activity)
- 1.7 Developmental Questions (What discussion questions)
- 1.8 Evaluation (Questions for assessment of the child)
- 1.9 Question Corner
- 1.10 Activity Keywords
Activity No # 1 - Observe a freely falling body
Materials/ Resources needed
- Good quality clock with high precision of measurement
- This experiment will be difficult to measure
Prerequisites/Instructions, if any
Process (How to do the activity)
- Ask a child to drop a piece of chalk from terrace
- Start the stop clock as soon as the child drops it.
- Put off the clock as soon as the chalk touches the ground, note down the time taken
- Repeat the same expt with a stone,& calculate the time
Developmental Questions (What discussion questions)
- What was the time taken?
- Was it the same?
- Why would it be so?
- Do the students relate it to the equations of motion they have studied?
Evaluation (Questions for assessment of the child)
- Hands-on activity