Activity1 Angles in the same segment are equal
- Being able to deduce angles on the same segment are equal.
Prerequisites/Instructions, prior preparations, if any
Knowledge about segment,minor arc,major arc,semi circle,angle subtended by a segment
Materials/ Resources needed
Digital : Click here to open the file
Non-digital : Ruler,Compass,Protractor
Process (How to do the activity)
Download this geogebra file from this link.
- In Circle with centre 'A', BD is a chord, 'p' is major arc and 'd' is minor arc which is represented in red and blue colour respectively.
- What do you mean by the minor segment and major segment of a circle?
- Identify minor segment and major segment.
- Identify and measure the Angles in major segment
- If you change the radius of the circle,Did you observe any changes in the angle measurement? (or) Is the measurement of angle dependant on the circle radius?
- Find that all angles in the same segment are equal
- What is the type of angle subtended by it in the minor segment?
- What is the type of angle subtended by it in the major segment?
- What is type of angle subtended by it in the semi circle?
Evaluation at the end of the activity
If a segment subtended an angle 80° at circumference, then what will be the measure of angles subtended by same segment of the circle circumference at the point P and Q?
Go back to main page Click Here