Construction of a triangle with side, angle and difference of other two sides
Difference of two sides and an angle are parameters known, this construction of triangle follows SAS congruence rule.
To construct a triangle with side, angle and difference of other two sides
Prerequisites/Instructions, prior preparations, if any
Prior understanding of point, lines and angles, elements of triangle, properties of triangle
Materials/ Resources needed
- Digital : Computer, geogebra application, projector.
- Non digital : Worksheet and pencil
- Geogebra files : “Triangle Construction(1side-1angle-difference of other 2 sides)”
Download this geogebra file from this link.
Process (How to do the activity)
- Use the slider to set the base and the given angle
- The difference of the other two sides is marked using the slider
- Follow the steps for construction – step1, step2
- Students can vary the sliders to observe the changes reflected in the triangle.
Evaluation at the end of the activity
- When does the triangle not form?