Construction of cyclic quadrilateral
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ability to construct a cyclic quadrilateral accurately .
Prerequisites/Instructions, prior preparations, if any
- Laptop, geogebra file, projector and a pointer.
- Students constructing materials, the geometry box.
- white papers.
Materials/ Resources needed
Sufficient knowledge regarding construction of perpendicular lines, bisectors, angles and circle.
Process (How to do the activity)
- The teacher can do this activity after introducing the concept and properties of cyclic quadrilateral.
- She can project the file and let students watch it carefully.
- After watching discuss the steps of construction and the purpose of each step so that the students can appreciate the sequence of construction steps.
- Then ask the students to actually construct a cyclic quadrilateral for the given measures.
- Developmental Questions:
- What is a cyclic quadrilateral ? Why is it called so ?
- Name the measuring parameters of it ?
- What measures are given for its construction ?
- Explain the steps involved in determing the radius of the required circle ?
- What do the measures of the arcs specify ?
- Were the students able to justify the sequence of steps involved ?
- Question Corner:
- Can you draw a circle first and then the quadrilateral ? Why not so ?