Gravitation Activity 1
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Activity No # 1 - The various forces we see
Materials/ Resources needed
The following pictures have been sourced from the NCERT Class 7 textbook.
Prerequisites/Instructions, if any
Process (How to do the activity)
- This is in the form of a discussion
- Students explore words like force, push, pull, contact, distance, etc
- Let the students look at the picture and describe the force and the effect
Developmental Questions (What discussion questions)
- What do we mean when we say force?
- What does it do? (Produces an acceleration/ change in state - they can start with push and pull)
- For force to be there, do I have to touch? (Contact)
- When have you seen non-contact forces? (Electric shock, magnetism)
- Force can act at a distance; it is called field
Evaluation (Questions for assessment of the child)
- How will you define the field of a force?
- Does the field have a definite size?