Gravitation Activity 4 An example of force at a distance
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Activity No #4 Why do objects feel heavy
- Estimated Time - 30 minutes
- Materials/ Resources needed
- A piece of iron
- A piece of wood
- A ball of yarn or cotton
- Prerequisites/Instructions, if any
- Multimedia resources
- Website interactives/ links/ simulations
- Process (How to do the activity)
- Hold each object in your palm
- What do you feel when you hold each one of them (ask them to answer as light--->heavy)
- Developmental Questions (What discussion questions)
- Is there a difference when you hold each of them?
- Is this due to inertia? Am I changing anything when I am holding?
- If I stop holding, what happens? Will it fall?
- Have you ever seen something fallen from a height - or even a fruit from a tree?
- If it is changing its position and moving (falling) there must be a force?
- Where do you think the force is coming from?
- Is it possible that forces can also act without touching?