Gravitation Activity 6
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Activity No # 6 Understanding weight and mass
- Estimated Time - 40 minutes
- Materials/ Resources needed - Projector, computer
- Prerequisites/Instructions, if any
- Multimedia resources
- Website interactives/ links/ simulations
- Process (How to do the activity)
- After playing the video, discuss the following questions with the students
- Developmental Questions (What discussion questions)
- What does mass represent?
- What is weight? (Effect of Earth's gravitational force on the mass)
- Is weight a force? How can you say?
- Why would the weight of a body vary in various parts of the Earth?
- The units may be a little confusing; and we can take up the discussion again
- Evaluation (Questions for assessment of the child)
- Question Corner