Hunting Treasure and Measuring - Part 1
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Measuring things around us by using various instruments for understanding how parameters are measured differently.
Understanding different things are measured differently
Recognize the standard units of measurements
Prerequisites/Instructions, prior preparations, if any
Materials/ Resources needed
Non digital: Weighing balance, measuring tape, spring balance, digital scale
Process (How to do the activity)
Let the students measure different ingredients using suitable measuring instruments and record their observations in a tabular form.
- Developmental Questions (What discussion questions)
- What did you measure ?
- What measuring instrument did you select ? Why ?
- What was your reading ?
- which unit do you use ?
- Evaluation (Questions for assessment of the child)
- Were the students able to comprehend which measuring instrument should be used for particular items ?
- Were they able to document their observations appropriately in a tabular form.
- Write a note on why standard measuring units are very important.