Intersection of lines and Angle Formation
- To visualize the meeting point of lines/rays forms an angle
- Understanding the use of protractor to measure angle
- Familiar with the angle formation
- Get to know about classification of angles
10 - 15 minutes : previous class worksheet discussion
60 minutes : Discussion on Angle formation, measuring and types of angles.
10 -15 minutes : Refreshment activity (related to language)
Prerequisites/Instructions, prior preparations, if any
Prior understanding of points, Lines, rays and segment concepts
Materials/ Resources needed
- Digital : Computer, Geogebra application, projector.
- Non-digital : Worksheet and pencil.
Process (How to do the activity)
- Helps to identify intersecting lines (two or more) meet only at one point always and also can cross each other at a common vertex (which is the point of intersection).
- Angle formation using sticks and in Geogebra and also labelling it - Hands-on activity (children can use two sticks to understand about angle formation) - To help students to identify the angle formation in real life
- How to measure an angle using protractor
- Help to recognize the type of angle
-Identify and give some examples where they will see angles formation in our surroundings
-Using 2 sticks they have to observe angle formation and measure it using protractor
-Using Geogebra plot and name an angle
-draw different types of angles in notebook and label it :Acute, Obtuse, Right, Complete and Straight angle.
- When two segments are joined at a point how many angles are formed?
- How many angles are formed when two lines crossing each other?
- How you name label and name the angles?
- What is the convention used to measure angles?
- Does the angle depend on the segment length?
- What are the different types of angles?
Tongue twisters(ನಾಲಿಗೆ ನುಲಿಗಳು)game
Ask students to read the tongue twisters aloud. Then ask them to read anyone again but faster. Then ask them to read as fast as they can 10 times.
1.ಕಪ್ಪು ಕುಂಕುಮ ಕೆಂಪು ಕುಂಕುಮ
2.ಕಾಗೆ ಪುಕ್ಕ ಗುಬ್ಬಿ ಪುಕ್ಕ
3.ಕುರುಡು ಕುದುರೆಗೆ ಹುರಿದ ಹುರಿಗಡಲೆ
4.ಬಂಕಾಪುರದ ಕೆಂಪು ಕುಂಕುಮ
5.ತರೀಕೆರೆ ಏರಿ ಮೇಲೆ ಮೂರು ಕರಿ ಕುರಿಮರಿ ಮೇಯುತಿತ್ತು.
1. Six silly sheep still asleep
2. The big fat Cat sat on the Rat
3. Billy blows big blue bubbles
4. I scream, you scream, we all scream for Ice cream.