Introduction to solid figures
Group activity for children to explore different dimensions in solids.
To explore solid figures
Prerequisites/Instructions, prior preparations, if any
The whole class will be divided into groups and each pupil will be assigned a different name and fir each group there are team leaders as given below
Materials/ Resources needed
Non digital: Different types of 3D figures - Models of Cylinder ,cone ,pyramid. Sphere also the flash cards of the models
Process (How to do the activity)
Teacher will make the groups of pupil as follows
In this group,each child will be given a name concerned to cylinder ie
say for pupil-1=solid cylinder
- pupil-2=Hallow cylinder
- pupil-3=solid cylinder without base
- pupil-4=solid cylinder without top
- pupil-5=solid cylinder without top and base
- Pupil-6=Hallow cylinder without base
- pupil-7=Hallow cylinder without top
- pupil-8=Hallow cylinder without top and base
In this group p1 and p2 are team leaders
- p3,p4,p5 belongs to p1
- p6,p7,p8 belongs to p2
- p1 and p2 will be given 3 flashcards each having their respective diagrams as mentioned above
say a flash card having (Hallow cylinder without top) will be given to the team leader p2, he then will give it to p7
Now p7 will come and present his matter that he has collected with the help of p2
Likewise the whole process continued for different groups
There will also be a debate of intergroups and intragroups in this process each team leader will be given the set of questions to ask for the other group
- What is the difference between hallow and solid figures?
- IS cylinder a pyramid?
- What is the difference between cone and pyramid?
- How can you make the frustum of cone?
- Draw a cone of hemispherical top
- List the different types of 2D FIGURES also give the examples that u comeacross in your daily life
- List the different types of 3D FIGURES also give the examples that u comeacross in your daily life