Mid point of sides of a Quadrilateral forms parallelogram
To verify that quadrilateral formed by joining the midpoints of the sides of a quadrilateral is a parallelogram
Prerequisites/Instructions, prior preparations, if any
Knowledge about adjacent angles, quadrilaterals, parallelogram
Materials/ Resources needed
Digital:Click here to open the file
Non-digital:paper, pencil, ruler, compass,
Process (How to do the activity)
Download this geogebra file from this link.
- Draw a quadrilateral ABCD
- Mark mid points on sides of the quadrilateral
- P is the midpoint of the side AB of the quadrilateral, similarly midpoints Q, R, S of the sides BC, CD and DA respectively
- Join the points P, Q, R and S form Quadrilateral PQRS
- If you join the mid-points of consecutive sides of a quadrilateral, what shape will you obtain?
- Measure sides of Quadrilateral PQRS?What is you conclusion?
- Identify and measure angles of the quadrilaterals PQRS? what is your conclusion?
- Identify pair of adjacent angles ? what is your conclusion?
- What type of figure is formed by joining the midpoints of a quadrilateral PQRS?
- What are the main properties of a parallelogram?
Evaluation at the end of the activity
What type of figure is formed by joining the midpoints of a parallelogram?
Go back to the page - click here