Portal:Social Science/Fun corner
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Can any history teacher explain the following...!!
- Abraham Lincoln* was elected to Congress in 1846.
- John F. Kennedy* was elected to Congress in 1946.
- Abraham Lincoln* was elected President in 1860.
- John F. Kennedy* was elected President in 1960.
- Both were particularly concerned with civil rights.
- Both their wives lost a child while living in the White House.
- Both Presidents were shot on a Friday.
- Both Presidents were shot in the head.
- Both were assassinated by Southerners.
- Both were succeeded by Southerners named *Johnson*.
- Andrew Johnson*, who succeeded *Lincoln*, was born in 1808.
- Lyndon Johnson*, who succeeded *Kennedy*, was born in 1908.
- John Wilkes Booth*, who assassinated *Lincoln*, was born in 1839.
- Lee Harvey Oswald*, who assassinated *Kennedy*, was born in 1939.
- Both assassins were known by their three names.
- Both names are composed of fifteen letters.
- Lincoln* was shot at the theater named *'Ford'*
- Kennedy* was shot in a car called *Lincoln* made by *'Ford.'*
- Both, *Booth* and *Oswald* were assassinated before their trials.
- A week before *Lincoln* was shot, he was in *Monroe, Maryland*.
- A week before *Kennedy* was shot, he was with *Marilyn Monroe*.
- Lincoln* was shot in a *theater* and the assassin ran to a *warehouse*... JB
- Kennedy* was shot from a *warehouse* and the assassin ran to a *theatre*...
Can anyone explain this?? Yes very simple..... History Repeats itself