Properties of Parallelogram
Being able to deduce the properties of parallelogram.
Prerequisites/Instructions, prior preparations, if any
knowledge about parallel lines, adjacent angles, supplementary angles, diagonals, quadrilaterals,
Materials/ Resources needed
Digital : Click her to open the file
Non-digital : Paper, pencil, ruler, compass, protractor
Process (How to do the activity)
Download this geogebra file from this link.
- The teacher can use this geogebra file to introduce parallelograms to students.
- Move the vertices A or B or D and observe different parallelograms formed like square, rectangle and rhombus.
- Bring their attention to measures of sides, angles and diagonals.
- Developmental Questions:
- Can you identify the figure ?
- How many sides does this figure have ?
- What do we call a figure with 4 sides ?
- Are all 4 sides equal ?
- What are parallel lines ?
- Identify the 2 sets of parallel lines.
- Spell out the differences between the figures formed with respect to sides, angles and diagnols.
- What common features do you observe in all figures/shapes formed ?
Evaluation at the end of the activity
- Are square, rectangle and rhombus parallelograms ?
- What are parallelograms ?
- How many pairs of parallel lines does a parallelogram have
- Is kite a parallelogram ?
Go back to the page - click here