Re-imagining Mathematics teaching-learning with Geogebra
- To come together as a community of learners and share our experiences to re-examine the nature of teaching-learning, in an environment mediated by technology
- To collaboratively develop lesson plans for select topics in geometry for class 9 and 10 students using Geogebra
- To create learning materials for self-learning to be used in conjunction with the Geogebra lessons for students’ practice and reinforcement
- To develop a model for delivering digital lessons for students in the context of government schools
The course curriculum will broadly focus on the following themes:
- Supporting conceptual learning with Geogebra
- Use of Geogebra for supporting logical proofs
- Problem-solving with Geogebra sketches
- Use of Geogebra in assessments
The tentative list of topics through which we will take up these discussions include Similar Triangles, Quadrilaterals, Construction of triangles and Linear Equations. In addition, we will share tutorials for making simple screencast videos that will enable you to take the lessons to your students. The resources will include Geogebra files, suggested lesson plans, worksheets, activities for assessments and readings on the various concepts involved in ICT integration in teaching-learning.
The course will run on Moodle, a Learning Management System, where all the course materials and resources will be shared. We will be having around 2 webinars per week, each of 90 minutes duration, using the BigBlueButton webinar platform. The 1st webinar will usually be led by the course faculty with sharing of lessons and resources. The 2nd webinar will usually be teachers’ sharing their comments/ their work on the resources and / or reflections with their work with students. In addition to the webinars and discussions, there will be discussions on the LMS; we encourage all of you to participate and share your ideas, lessons and challenges.