Sound propagation of sound activity 1
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Activity No # 1 - Sound source using PhET
Materials/ Resources needed
Prerequisites/Instructions, if any
- Production of sound using different objects
- Use of tuning fork to produce sound
- Introduction to material waves
Process (How to do the activity)
Observe the simulation “Listen to a single source”.
Developmental Questions (What discussion questions)
- Enable the audio-enabled and check the difference between the speaker and the listener. Why is this so?
- When you increase the frequency – what are the changes you see, hear? Do you come across these kinds of sounds (frequencies) anywhere. When you change the frequency, the nature of sound changes. There is a name for it. Ask your teacher. Where else does this aspect of sound come in?
- When you change the amplitude, what happens? Based on what you hear, describe what you think is the meaning of amplitude.
Evaluation (Questions for assessment of the child)