Surds definition of surds activity1
- 1 Activity-1: Recognise surds
- 1.1 Estimated Time
- 1.2 Materials/ Resources needed
- 1.3 Prerequisites/Instructions, if any
- 1.4 Multimedia resources
- 1.5 Website interactives/ links/ simulations/ Geogebra Applets
- 1.6 Process (How to do the activity)
- 1.7 Developmental Questions (What discussion questions)
- 1.8 Evaluation (Questions for assessment of the child)
- 1.9 Question Corner
- 1.10 Activity Keywords
Activity-1: Recognise surds
Half an hour
Materials/ Resources needed
Teachers give examples for rational root of rational numbers, irrational root of irrational number and irrational root of rational number.
Prerequisites/Instructions, if any
Should know rational number and irrational number.
Websites and wikipedia
Process (How to do the activity)
Give students some numbers having square root, cube root etc. and ask to simplify them. catagorise the numbers
- Rational root of rational number
- Irrational root of irrational number
- Irrational root of rational number, and defined the number.
Developmental Questions (What discussion questions)
- Which one of the following is not a surd, Give reason.
- Define surd
Evaluation (Questions for assessment of the child)
- Identify rational number and irrational number
- Define surd
- Identify the surd
To link back to the concept page Surds