Types of triangles based on angles
A triangle can be drawn with different measures of angles which also determine the kind of triangle formed.
Recognize the triangles based on the measures of the sides
Prerequisites/Instructions, prior preparations, if any
Prior knowledge of point, lines, angles, elements of triangle
Materials/ Resources needed
- Digital : Computer, geogebra application, projector.
- Non digital : Worksheet and pencil.
- Geogebra files : “Types of triangle by angle.ggb”
Download this geogebra file from this link.
Process (How to do the activity)
- Identify the angle types in the triangle.
- Can the angles in the triangle be of different type – obtuse or right angle.
- Establish the types of triangles based on the types of angles that form the triangle – when all angles are acute angles, when one of the angle is a right angle and when one of the angle is obtuse angle.
- Is it possible to have a triangle with two right angle or two obtuse angle. Why or why not?
- What kind of a triangle is formed when all the angles are equal? For what measure of the angle such a triangle is formed?
- Can a triangle be formed with a reflex angle.
- Measure the angles for different triangle, recognize the types of angles and conclude the type of triangle.
|Observation||Angle 1 measure and
|Angle 2 measure and
|Angle 3 measure and
|What can you say about angles?||Type of triangle formed|
Evaluation at the end of the activity
- Are children able to recognize the types of triangles based on the angles in a triangle.