Acceleration due to Gravity activity 1
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Activity No # 1 - Observe a freely falling body
Materials/ Resources needed
- Good quality clock with high precision of measurement
- This experiment will be difficult to measure
Prerequisites/Instructions, if any
Process (How to do the activity)
- Ask a child to drop a piece of chalk from terrace
- Start the stop clock as soon as the child drops it.
- Put off the clock as soon as the chalk touches the ground, note down the time taken
- Repeat the same expt with a stone,& calculate the time
Developmental Questions (What discussion questions)
- What was the time taken?
- Was it the same?
- Why would it be so?
- Do the students relate it to the equations of motion they have studied?
Evaluation (Questions for assessment of the child)
- Hands-on activity