Teachers capacity building workshop on conducting online classes - 2021
Due to the current pandemic situation, all schools are closed, and this may continue. Class 10 students are preparing for the examination, and many need continuous support from teachers to prepare. Department also planning to start 2021-22 academic class through online.
Most schools have created students' WhatsApp groups to share learning resources. In many schools, teachers are conducting online classes for students. Some teachers may want to start online classes if they can be guided and supported for doing this.
IT for Change, under the “Teachers Community of Learning” (TCOL) program would like to help Government and Government aided schools teachers to conduct online classes for their students. To make teachers comfortable to take online classes, we plan to conduct an on-line teacher’s workshop.
- To build basic digital literacy skills for teachers
- To help teachers to access existing OER resources from the Internet.
- To help teachers to create digital resources for the classroom teaching
- To help teachers to get familiar with online webinar tools to conduct classes
- To help schools/institutions to use the FOSS webinar platform to conduct online classes
- The workshop will be held over 4 webinar sessions.
- Each webinar session will be for a duration of 120 minutes through the BigBlueButton FOSS webinar tool
- All the workshop resources will be shared through KOER online repository
- The topic of each session will be stand-alone (one topic per session)
- Registered teachers will become members of a WhatsApp group where important notifications related to the workshop will be communicated. This will also be used for any virtual support and instant resource sharing with teachers.
Join the webinar sessions
Once we finalise the batches and the session timing, here we will share the webinar link to participants to join the sessions.
|Tentative dates to start each batches||Tentative timing to start each batches||Webinar link to join the session|
|From June 10th batch||10.30 am to 12.30 pm||Each sessions webinar link will be shared in your respective WhatsApp groups on the session day.|
|11 am to 1 pm|
|2.30 pm to 4.30 pm|
|3 pm to 5 pm|
|From June 16th batch||Group 8 - 10.30 am to 12.30 pm||Each sessions webinar link will be shared in your respective WhatsApp groups on the session day.|
|Group 9 - 11 am to 1 pm|
|Group 10 - 2.30 pm to 4.30 pm|
|Group 15 - 3 pm to 5 pm|
|Session 1||Accessing OER resources||
|Session 2||Create a simple presentation||
||Libre Office Impress|
|Session 3||Use Google drive and form to store, edit, share and to collect data||
|Session 4||Use webinar FOSS tool to conduct online classes||
- Mozilla Firefox handout - to browse, download resources from the web
- LibreOffice Impress handout - to create slide presentations on the system
- Collabora office user manual - to create presentations on the phone
- BigBlueButton handout - to conduct online classes
- Kazam handout - to do screencasting
- Audacity handout - to create/edit audio files
- Explore subject based tools
- Explore an application
- Spoken tutorials
- FOSS applications to create OER resources
- Why OER?
- FOSS importance in education
- Teachers' toolkit for creating and re-purposing OER using FOSS
- Geogebra tube - to download created geogebra files
- Buy your own laptop