Module 5: Audio Recording Basics – Part 2
Learning technology helps Kishoris explore many different opportunities. With use of Audio Recoding Kishoris can gain Self Confidence, and the technology can be used by them too. Along with Audio recording, encouraging Kishoris to talk on various topic will enhance their communication skills.
- After previous week’s discussion on technology, it can be assumed that even we can use technology.
- On our previous discussion, Kishoris have paid attention and followed on what to be done while recording.
- Some Kishoris got into argument within group, there is a lack of self-confidence.
- Resources available for activities are in Kannada and all Kishoris might not be able to read Kannada easily.
- Since we nominated few Kishoris in the previous week, it might be assumed among other Kishoris that they are our favourites.
- We had 2 Sound Recorders. And opted for simple activities but everyone might not have got the opportunity.
- To practise Audio basics
- New step to enhance Kishoris’ communication skills
Recap on points to be noted, which were discussed in the previous class. This can be demonstrated with the below chart. Pictures are drawn on chart. 5 - Minutes
Image used for recapping can be accessed here
Make the girls pair up . Facilitators will demonstrate by recording in front of Kishoris.
After girls get into pairs, each pair is asked to pick a number between 1 to 4. Based on this, we will group them into 4 groups.
There will be one facilitator in each group.
Groups are taken to the ground and asked to practise 4 basic principles of recording.
Everyone returns to class after recording practise. For next activity encourage 5 pairs to volunteer.
Give proverbs to volunteers and ask them to record mutually. Based on time and space availability this can be done at different places where the background noise is minimal.
- Once a daughter is married, she does not belong to her parental home
- Man is ruined if he sits idle and woman is ruined if she roams around freely
- Do not believe the man who cries, and do not believe the woman who laughs always.
- A woman should not be stubborn, a man should not have addiction
- Younger ones follow elder sisters behaviour
- 1000 lies are justified to do one marriage
- If a daughter in law dies then hear another wedding song, if a son dies then the household is ruined
- Birth of a girl child is equivalent to beginning of an abscess
- When a girl is born the household loses its wealth, when a boy is born the household gains its wealth
- Look at the mother’s character before choosing her daughter as the bride and look at the amount of milk a buffalo gives before buying it
- Pain of delivering a child is for an hour whereas pain of a sterile woman is for a lifetime
- Intelligence level of a woman is below her knee
- A woman’s enemy is another woman
After completing the recording, Recorded Audio is played in the class and other kishoris are asked to listen & express their views. Kishoris who recorded audio should be asked to share their experience. 10 Minutes
After listening to the sharing of views by Kishoris, conclude the session by adding that recording is an easy task. and it can be used to express anything. 10 Minutes
Computer/Laptop with audio editing software (Audacity)- 1
Number of Facilitators required:
1 Main Facilitator, 3 Facilitators for group interaction.
Presentation- on Audio recording
Chart with Audio basics
Recorded audio files from Kishoris.